I hope everyone had a great first week back and I’ll be back Monday! Please read the following information carefully as we have some special days planned for the week. If you did not receive your registration packet on Friday, please contact Sue Tesch at [email protected] as soon as possible. There is a lot of interest in Preschool, Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten and these classes will fill very quickly and it is imperative that you get your registration in as it will be first come first serve!
NATIONAL READING MONTH: This month will offer many opportunities to bridge school and home. The purpose is to carry out the St. Regis philosophy and work together for the educational benefit of your child. Please do as many or as few of the activities as your schedule allows. More school-to-home activities will be offered throughout the end of the year.
- Reading Calendar: Your child will home a special reading calendar in his/her folder this Friday. Please initial each day that you read with you child. Students can bring this calendar back at the end of the month for a special prize.
- Homework Pouches: Your child will bring home their homework pouch for the month this Friday. Please have your student complete 3-4 activities a week and then return the homework pouch with all of its contents to school on Friday, March 28th.
- Themes: Dr. Seuss, “The Lorax”, “Fox and Sock” and many more Dr. Seuss; The start of Lent and National Reading Month
- Letter: Xx
- Sight Word: in
- Star Student: Gabriel
Important days this week: We will be doing an author study on Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss. Please be aware of some very special days as we begin “Reading Month”.
- A “Seuss-tacular” Day: Monday, March 3rd-Please dress up in red and white, stripes or polka dots, or wear a silly hat to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday. We will be collaborating with the entire Early Childhood Wing (JK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade) to read Dr. Seuss books, create a craft, make green eggs and ham, and use our iPads to make an Early Childhood version of “Hop On Pop”. Our “Seuss-tacular” centers will take place from 12:00-1:00. Feel free to stop by and join in on the fun!
- “ALL School Mass” Day: Wednesday March 5th- Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and begins our celebration of the Easter season. We will kick of this celebration with an All School Mass. Please feel free join us at the 8:30 am mass.
- “Freaky Friday” Day: Friday, March 7th- Friday we will celebrate Dr. Seuss’ book, “Wacky Wednesday” we will be doing this celebration on Friday because there is an all school mass on Wednesday. Once again, we will be dressing up but this time wearing something wacky such as: crazy socks, a funny hat, backwards or inside out shirt, or even a silly hair do! The kids will listen to the story and look for wacky things around the room.
Other Notes and Reminders:
- Registration: This is direct from the eNews that went out last Wednesday: Please let Sue Tesch know ASAP if you did not receive your registration materials.
|Registration for the 2014-15 School Year|
|Registration documents will be coming home Friday in a pink envelope with the youngest child in your family.We are continuing our practice of permitting our current school families to pre-register during the month of March. This allows our current families to secure a seat for their child(ren) in the next academic year. Due to the limited availability for Preschool and Junior Kindergarten, children of current families will be accepted to these programs on a first-come-first-served basis during March.Beginning April 1, new families are invited to register for all grades.
We strongly urge you to get your registrations in quickly. We have a particularly high demand for Preschool, JK, Kindergarten and a few other grades.
Please read the registration materials carefully. We have made a few important changes of which you should be aware.
- Sunday, March 16th-Regis Rally-Join us for an inspirational 5:30 Sunday night Mass followed by a pizza party in the Father Shields Room.
- Monday, March 17th-St. Patrick’s Day Party-Wear your green!
- Friday, March 21th-Father’s Day-Preschool will participate in the Father’s Day Program. This is not a school day, rather, your child will attend the 8:30 Mass with their Father or special person. We do not meet at school beforehand. After mass, there will be a special program and then the opportunity for fathers or special persons to visit the classroom and for each child to present them with a special gift. Fathers or special persons will take his child home with him after visiting the classroom, typically around 11:00-11:30.
Thank you so much for all that you do! Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns!